Client Manager – Commercial Insurance (Markham)
Reports to: Manager Commercial Insurance, Markham
To help grow the assigned book of business by working closely with Client Executives to place new business and renewals with preferred underwriters and provide ongoing customer service support.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Market new business and renewals with select underwriters utilizing standard submission forms & creating specialized submissions.
- Manage the complete customer service experience for clients in the assigned book of business including handling general enquiries, managing policy changes, reviewing policy documents, reporting and following up on claims and processing certificates of insurance per McLean Hallmark standards and guidelines.
- Oversee the preparation of insurance summaries, premium comparisons and other supporting documentation for clients
- Ensure that all abeyances are properly managed to ensure clients receive policy documents and other information on a timely basis
- Assist with the collection of outstanding accounts receivables
- Thoroughly document all client and underwriter communications in the Broker Management System (BMS).
- Manage the assigned Client Assistants workload to ensure that documents are prepared on a timely basis
- Monitor and meet all RIBO continuing education requirements
- Adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the Commercial Lines Mid-Market Manual and the McLean Hallmark Employee Manual
- Other duties as may be assigned
Professional Competency Objectives and Measurements
- A positive and professional role model; represent and promote the company’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Maximize collaboration and cooperation between, and relationships with, all others and be willing to extend support to others.
- Continuously improve and maximize professional and interpersonal skills, knowledge and attributes
- Personal performance meets expectation ratings in the Performance Appraisal reviews.
Position Requirements and Experience
These experiences and competencies are the minimums required for success in this position.
- Education, Licencing and Experience requirements
- Post secondary diploma is an asset
- RIBO Licence in good standing
- C.A.I.B and / or C.I.P Designation or demonstrated progress towards attaining certification
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Commercial Lines Account Manager
- Core Competencies and personal Attributes
- Positive and passionate attitude with a very strong customer service focus
- Creative, accountable and innovative with solid organizational time management skills
- Tolerant and resilient with an internal compass always pointed towards integrity
- Additional Requirements
- Strong knowledge of commercial insurance coverage
- Above average Microsoft Office skills and working knowledge of BMS systems such as EPIC
Email Applications to : Careers@mcleanhallmark.com