Reports to: Senior Vice President, Commercial Insurance
The Claims Assistant is responsible for providing courteous, prompt and efficient handling of a variety of technical and administrative support services including documentation processing, reporting and coordinating various Claims Department initiatives.
General Duties and Responsibilities
• Follows up on assigned claims and keeps the Broker Management System (BMS) up to date with claims handling information
• May be required to notify insurers of new claims
• Tracks claims to resolution
• Escalates claims
• Work cooperatively with Client Manager on updating loss details for key client accounts
• Data input and administrative duties as assigned
• Ability to follow the workflow and able to make suggestion for improvements
• Other duties as required
Professional Competency Objectives and Measurements
• You have empathy and a strong desire to help others (especially when something terrible has just happened)
• You are strongly satisfied to tie up loose ends, cross t’s and dot i’s – a keen sense of detail
• You feel accomplished when you are organized and able to prioritize your daily work
• You are personable and approachable
• Willing to strive more and not satisfied with the average
• You care about the people you work with, the clients you serve, your carrier partners and the community in which you live and work.
Position Requirements and Experience
These experiences and competencies are the minimums required for success in this position.
Education, Licencing and Experience Requirements
• Client Service experience preferred
• Post-secondary Degree/Diploma is an asset
• R.I.B.O. Licence would be a “nice to have” but not required for consideration
Core Competencies and Personal Attributes
• Positive and passionate attitude with very strong customer service focus
• Positive and passionate attitude with a very strong customer service focus
• String ability to create and maintain relationship over the telephone and not hide behind an email
• Creative, innovative with solid organizational time management skills, accountable and resilient with an internal compass always pointed towards integrity
• Can convey empathy to those in a stressful situation.
Email Applications to: Patty McNeil email@example.com