Reports to: Senior Vice President, Commercial Insurance
The Claims Advisor will deliver an exceptional and consistent client experience through the entire claims process and makes sure that at every step of the way the client feels at ease especially when something terrible has happened.
General Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists clients with challenging claims scenarios
• You provide advice on making a claim and the process involved
• You monitor assigned claims and escalate to senior leadership and Client Executives for involvement and advise
• Analyze coverages and relevance to situation
• Monitor the progress of the challenging claim with the support of the Claim Assistant.
• Maintains up-to-date records and documentation in the BMS
• Delivers outstanding client service at all times, including proactively anticipating client needs
• Follows claims service protocol with respect to outgoing and incoming contact with clients and insurers
• Interacts with Client Managers and Client Executives in order to escalate claims as appropriate
• May be required to attend client meetings with the Client Executive
• Ensure fair settlement of the claim and keep key stakeholders up to date.
• Build relationships with key carrier claims adjusters. Solicitors and other claims professionals
Professional Competency Objectives and Measurements
• A positive and professional role model;
• Maximize collaboration and cooperation between Client Executives, Client Managers and third parties
• High level of empathy and relates well to people in stressful situations
• Detail-oriented – you meticulously keep files in order and up to date
• An “insurance nerd” – you like to dig deep into coverage wordings
• Excellent communication skills – you achieve clarity with clients, insurers and others in verbal and written formats
Position Requirements and Experience
These experiences and competencies are the minimums required for success in this position.
Education, Licencing and Experience Requirements
1. Relentless Client Service Excellence
2. Post-secondary Diploma/Degree is an asset
3. RIBO License in good standing
4. CAIB and/or CIP designation or demonstrated progress towards attaining certification is an asset
5. 2-5 years claims experience
Core Competencies and Personal Attributes
1. Positive and passionate attitude with a very strong customer service focus
2. Tolerant and resilient with an internal compass always pointed towards integrity
3. Can convey empathy to those in a stressful situation.
Email Applications to: Patty McNeil email@example.com